Friday, November 5, 2010

Top 5 action movie tough guys

Lots of potential candidates for this top list so I decided to focus on tough guy characters that appeared in more than one movie.  My apologies to James Bond crazies but I have never been much of a fan (although Daniel Craig has a good chance of changing my mind).  Here's my list:

Frank Martin (Jason Statham) - Transporter
 - He is so awesome he single handedly inspired me to shave my head
The Transporter Collection

John McClain (Bruce Willis) - Die Hard
- Just reinforces my argument that bald guys are super awesome
Die Hard - The Ultimate Collection (Die Hard / Die Hard 2 / Die Hard with a Vengeance / Live Free or Die Hard Two-Disc Special Editions)

John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) - Rambo
-Rambo is so tough that he can sport a mullet and get away with it
Rambo Trilogy (Ultimate Edition DVD Collection) (3-Disc Collector Set) - (First Blood/Rambo: First Blood Part II/Rambo III)

Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) - Bourne Trilogy
- Even though I was a grown man when the movies came out, I literally wanted to be Jason Bourne for quite some time
The Bourne Trilogy (The Bourne Identity / The Bourne Supremacy / The Bourne Ultimatum) (Slim Packaging) [Blu-ray]

Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson) - Lethal Weapon
- one of my favorites from high school
Lethal Weapon: 4 Film Favorites

Here is one that should definitely be on the list (I'll call it a tie for 5th):


Han Solo (Harrison Ford) - Star Wars
Star Wars Trilogy


And although he is confined to TV, he is SO TOUGH he deserves a nod:

Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) - 24
24: Complete Series

2 comments:

  1. Love the bald guys.

    I also know Jason Bourne/David Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the any one of the Samurai Siblings!

    -I will add to your list William Wallace (Mel Gibson) from Brave Heart as my first nomination.

    -I agree with your Jason Bourne nomination.

    -Chuck Norris in anything is my next nomination.

    -Bruce Lee, also in anything.

    And if we are throwing in TV nods, then I second your Jack Bauer nomination and also want to add Walker Texas Ranger (Chuck Norris) and Jack Bristow from Alias. He was quite the butt kicker as well.

    ReplyDelete