Saturday, October 2, 2010

Best music singles from 2009

My GirlsDaylightHead Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise
Little SecretsLay 'Em Down

As 2010 begins to wind down, I thought I would post some of my favorite songs from 2009 in anticipation of doing the same for 2010.  I focused my top 10 choices on bands lesser known than mainstream favorites (like U2, Muse, The Fray).  If interested, you can preview of any of these songs on the right side of my blog.

1) My Girls - Animal Collective
2) Daylight - Matt & Kim
3) Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise - The Avett Brothers
4) Little Secrets - Passion Pit
5) Lay 'Em Down - Needtobreathe
6) 40 Day Dream - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
7) Always - Switchfoot
8) 1901 - Phoenix
9) Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine
10) Introducing Palace Players - Mew

This was a fairly "loose" top 10 list as lots of honorable mentions could easily be interchanged with the selections above.  What were you favorites from 2009 - I'm always looking for good new music.

40 Day DreamAlways1901
Cosmic LoveIntroducing Palace Players

2 comments:

  1. OK; here's my Top Ten list with a caveat - I only listen to Christian radio (STAR 93.3)so my favorites are the same genre. In no particular order these are the current songs that touch my spirit and/or make me cry or tap my fingers:
    Healing Begins - Tenth Avenue North
    City on Our Knees - TobyMac
    You Reign - MercyMe
    Dare You to Move - Switchfoot
    MomCat
    Born Again - Newsboys
    If We've Ever Needed You - Casting Crowns
    Hold Us Together - Matt Maher
    What Faith Can Do - Kutlass
    Our God - Chris Tomlin
    Lay 'em Down - Needtobreathe (yes, Ben, we actually agree on one song!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I don't know what I'm doing - I signed MomCat at the end of my comments and it was placed right in the middle of my Top Ten list!

    ReplyDelete