Saturday, November 13, 2010

Greatest sports movies

Like most guys I love a good sports movie.  They will bring you to tears, give you chills, and inspire you for hours.  There have been many great ones over the years but here are my top 5:

Remember the Titans
Remember the Titans (Widescreen Edition)

Rudy
Rudy (Special Edition)

Hoosiers
Hoosiers

Miracle
Miracle (Full Screen Edition)

Chariots of Fire
Chariots of Fire

I didn't include comedies ... if so, Major League, Talladega Nights, and Happy Gilmore would have made the list ;)

Baseball fans might be ticked that Bull Durham, Field of Dreams and The Natural did not make the list (what can I say, baseball is not my favorite).  Invictus, The Blind Side, and We Are Marshall are all solid choices.  I also didn't consider the Rocky series because they may have dominated my list.  What are your all-time top sports movies?

4 comments:

  1. Football: Radio and Brian's Song (1970s)
    Baseball: Eight Men Out and The Rookie
    Golf: The Legend of Bagger Vance
    Boxing: Cinderella Man and Million Dollar Baby
    These are films that I have really liked over the years.
    Your list includes some of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices! I haven't seen Eight Men Out - will have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Ben!

    Breaking them down by sport, my favorites are...
    Baseball: The Pride of the Yankees, The Rookie, The Sandlot (Eight Men Out is very good)
    Football: Remember the Titans, Rudy, We Are Marshall
    Soccer: The Damned United
    Hockey: Miracle
    Fighting/Boxing: Cinderella Man and Rocky

    I still haven't seen Invictus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great movies Ben. Here are my top 5 (in no particular order).
    The Rookie- made me cry
    Remember The Titans-Inspired every time I watch it
    The Blindside-also made me cry
    Chariots of Fire- Eric Liddell was the man
    The Natural- My first favorite sports movie. Roy Hobbs the best there ever was!

    ReplyDelete